How to join IVAO ?
Please read this page carefully. It contains information you are required to know to use the network. The network is a place for learning and enjoyment, but a few rules are required to allow everyone to enjoy it; most of these rules are common-sense.
This section will provide you with an ID and password to use IVAO's network - IVAN.
There are several requirements for using the network to ensure that all users can enjoy the facilities.
Now, take some time and read carefully our Rules and Regulations by following this link: IVAO Rules and Regulations
You are also asked to observe the following guidelines in order that the network runs as well as possible:
- Read the information for new users at https://www.ivao.ch/members/first-steps-on-ivao and visit the training department in order to learn about the system. You should read the Basic ATC guide if you wish to control.
- Please monitor the IVAO forum (http://ch.forum.ivao.aero/) and Events Department webpage for details about IVAO. You may contact a division - sub-divisions of IVAO for geographical areas - if there is one active to get information and local training within that country when you have joined.
- If observing - do not use 'valid' callsign extentions (CTR, APP, TWR etc.) use always a callsign ended in _OBS.
- Visit our Software Development Department for the latest software
- Be online as much as possible - enjoy the network, and ask for help from people with higher ratings (Controllers, Instructors, Supervisors, Administrators) if you need.
Important information before joining
You will automaticly be subscribed to our NOTAM mailing list. (Required for all IVAO members)
- You must provide your full name and a valid e-mail address from your provider, or your Id will be deactivated.
- You must inform IVAO of changes to your e-mail address. You can change your details in your member information page through the link e-mailed to you in your welcome mail.
After filling the form, we will send an automatic email to the email account you provided. In this email you'll have instructions to confirm your registration.
- Make sure the e-mail is not forwarded to the junk mail section of your mail client.
After that, your certificate will be activated immediately and you can connect to the network as described HERE.
- You have 24 hours to confirm the registration, if you are not able to do it in that time you will have to register again.
- Remember to activate your status on the next page as ATC and/or Pilot.
Or you will not be able to upgrade !