Military flights differs from Civil flights for the operations conducted. However they do not differs in terms of flying rules. As Civil flights, Military flights follows VFR or IFR rules as required.
Basic Knowledge Requirements
MIL requires deep knowledge of aviation for both VFR and IFR.
Example of MIL duties
- Help for civilian aircraft, for example problems with navigation and radio
- "Visible" (escort) to make an airplane with a faulty transponder visible for civil ATC
- Finding from flares with forwarding to emergency organizations (e.g. REGA)
- Identification of airspace violations as not allowed ingress or schedule disruptions
- Intervention to monitor safety where VFR aircraft enters airways or the arrival & departure corridors of airports
- Enforcing the use of airspace restrictions (e.g. WEF, G8)
- Monitor airspace in hijacking events - NOT SIMULATED IN IVAO AND AGAINST R&R
- Management of crisis situations (e.g. approximation of enemy/terrorist aircraft at the border) - NOT SIMULATED IN IVAO AND AGAINST R&R